New Year’s resolutions
Published by Eric Soares – 23 January 2023
New Year’s resolutions for salespeople are an important topic for improving performance and meeting sales goals. Here are some tips for salespeople looking to improve their performance at the start of the year:
- Establish clear and measurable goals: Salespeople need to establish clear and measurable goals for the coming year. This may include goals for revenue, number of new customers, or lead-to-customer conversion rates.
- Keeping abreast of market trends and developments: Sales representatives must keep abreast of market trends and developments in order to be able to adapt and propose solutions adapted to the needs of customers.
- Learn to say “prospecting” without making a face: Prospecting can be difficult, but that doesn’t mean you have to make a face every time you say the word. It’s time to remember that prospecting is essential to discovering new customers.
- Focus on quality rather than quantity: Salespeople should focus on the quality of prospects and customers rather than quantity. This means targeting prospects that are most likely to become regular and loyal customers.
- Improve sales skills: Salespeople should continue to improve their sales skills by attending training, reading books on the subject, and going to conferences.
- Use technology tools: Salespeople need to use sales tech tools to automate tasks such as contact and appointment management and to get real-time information about their sales performance.
- Communicate effectively with teams: Salespeople must communicate effectively with other members of their team, sharing information about prospects and customers, and working together to achieve sales goals.
- Remember that sales meetings are not torture sessions: these meetings may sometimes seem unnecessary, but it is important to remember that they are essential to achieving sales goals. Preparation is the key to successful meetings.
By following these tips, salespeople can improve their performance at the beginning of the year and achieve their sales goals. It’s important to remember that good resolutions are not a one-time event; they are an ongoing process that requires perseverance and determination.
Did you like this article? Share it